Sector 7G

A Place to find news, media, recaps, and everything else Simpsons related.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Treehouse of Horror XVII, Worst Episode Ever

So I just previewed the long awaited Treehouse of Horror XVII, and frankly, I am pretty disappointed. I don't remember being so let down after watching a new episode. Even if the jokes don't hit, usually the story line still makes it entertaining to watch, at least the first time around. In my opinion, this is the worst THOH ever made, and right up there on the list of worst episodes period. I didn't find any of the jokes amusing, and since it was a three segment piece, there was no plot to make up for it. I think that the first segment, "Married to the Blob" could have went a different direction and came out with a really interesting story, but they chose to go with the typical Homer goes crazy theme. EH. Obviously I'm not one of those "Simpsons used to be good, now they suck" people, or else I wouldn't be doing this site, I actually rather enjoyed the first three episodes of this season, and was really looking forward to the 17th installment of THOH, but now I'm left wondering what the rest of the season is going to look like. I think what makes it so unsatisfying, is the fact that the writers can completely stray off from anything remotely realistic, which should mean that any plot is feasible, and if that's the case, why are they churning out garbage? I think Simpsons fans around the world should be worried. If they can't make a decent Halloween Ep, what does that mean for the rest of the season? Being the naive Simpsons fan I am, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and put all my hopes into the fact that they are focusing on the movie due out next summer. However, I must give this my worst rating yet, 7 thumbs up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was a relatively smart people who read your work I know that I am not!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home